Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Prenatal Yoga
Today I attended my first prenatal yoga class. With my preexisting back problems, stretching and walking are about the only workouts I get. So I figured that taking a yoga class would help with the additional back pain that comes with being preggers. I asked my Dr. about it, and she told me about a class that is offered through the hospital where I am giving birth. They offer several classes a week and the price is great, so I signed up. I loved the class and felt so relaxed afterwards. I'm really excited to continue to explore the benefits through the rest of my pregnancy and labor. The instructor was really great (which always helps) and she recently opened her own studio with her husband. I may try some of her other classes as well, and she even offers classes that you can take with your "birthing partner". I had to explain this to Kyle: your birthing partner is the one who will be with you during labor, i.e. your husband. So even though I am still going strong with my third month straight of "morning sickness", I'm looking forward to a back pain-free pregnancy! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment